Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc

Subject: Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 05:30:23 +1300
Sadly for me it looks as though MAMP is Apple only.

Here's what's on their website ...

"MAMP: Mac - Apache - MySQL - PHP

The abbreviation "MAMP" stands for: Macintosh, Apache, Mysql and PHP.
With just a few mouse-clicks, you can install Apache, PHP and MySQL for
Mac OS X!

MAMP installs a local server environment in a matter of seconds on your
Mac OS X computer, be it PowerBook or iMac. Like similar packages from
the Windows- and Linux-world, MAMP comes free of charge.

MAMP is installed in the typical Mac fashion: very easily. MAMP will not
compromise any existing Apache installation already running with your OS
X. You can install Apache, PHP and MySQL without starting a script or
having to change any configuration files!

Furthermore, if MAMP is no longer needed, it is sufficient to delete the
MAMP folder and everything returns to its original status (i.e. MAMP does
not modify any of the "normal" OS X)."

I'm not aware of a "Windows" equivalent that works as well as the claims for
MAMP have it.

Brian Swale.