Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc

Subject: Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc
From: "List, OM" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:32:27 -0700
Yes, but ... it is surprising to me how well standard installations minimize
problems.

If I remember correctly MySQL takes care of itself during installation.
Its installed location doesn't seem to be an issue.

The php.ini file along with setting virtual hosts makes PHP quite flexible
and fairly easy to set up.

General purpose tools such as Perl leave it entirely up to you, to take care
of it. Probably system variables could be used to minimize modifying code
but I haven't tried to sort that out.
A web host I use, upgraded their system. I found that they had moved where
server side scripts were stored when some of my web pages quit working.

For static html pages I can't think of any reason not to have the same file
structure on local and remote machines. I believe apache web server
configuration commands are often used to make the long addresses associated
with dynamic pages be reachable from what looks like a simple short static
address. Similarly it could move the apparent location of a static file but
I can't imagine why this would be done.

Jeff Keller