Re: [OM] Tripod resonance

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod resonance
From: "List, OM" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:43:27 -0700
Great article mike, thanks for the link. It has me questioning my search for
a used 18 lb manfrotto with center column for use with my sinar.
Many of the larger gitzos have options including a solid flat plate with a
stud to mount the head, so I don't know why a 3rd party would provide a
competing choice. Perhaps the third party solutions are available for the
smaller tripods. Your gitzo boom may not be as solid as a simple flat plate
but with the dof and framing battles of macro, it's helping solve the bigger
issues.

The C5 which your 750 is based on, has good reviews by birders. One review
says it out resolves the questar. Perhaps some of the birders weren't only
thinking your camera was small.
Jeff