[OM] Upgrade to E-30?

Subject: [OM] Upgrade to E-30?
From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:53:25 -0700
Does anyone here have hands-on familiarity with the E-30?  I'm wondering
if it would be worth upgrading my E-510 to a low milage used or
refurbished E-30?

Right now the E-510 is my third camera, behind the M8 and the Panny G1. A
recent low-light wedding reception shoot, where I shot my M8 side-by-side
with a pro using a D700, has made me think that maybe I don't want a D700,
D7000 or K-5 as much as I thought I did. Which might just mean sticking
with the DSLR system I have, but maybe upgrading the body.

The main issue I have with the E-510 is the tiny viewfinder and its lack
of eye relief (I wear glasses). This may be why I don't use it that much.
Supposedly the E-30 is much better, though not quite in the same league as
the E-3/E-5.

According to this site, which matches dpreviews figures closely...
http://www.neocamera.com/article/viewfinder_sizes

...the E-520 (same VF as the 510) has a magnification of 0.44x, the E-30
is 0.5x. The E-3/E-5 is 0.58x.

Right now I'm using the E-510 with a third-party 1.1x magnifier. This
gives me a magnification of .485x, which is getting close to the E-30.
But the eye relief is still way too low. I can't see the far corners of
the image, and I have to shift my eye to see the shooting information.

The E-510 supposedly has a weaker anti-alias filter than many of the later
models, I don't know how that compares with the E-30.

Thoughts?  From what I've read, many people prefer the E-30 to the E-3.
The E-5 has some genuine improvements, but is too big/expensive,
especially for a second or third camera.

--Peter