Re: [OM] Halo/border artifacts [was More Conversions]

Subject: Re: [OM] Halo/border artifacts [was More Conversions]
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:26:29 -0700
I am hoping that the next version of Photoshop will include a way to
exclude an unwanted area from being included in the content-aware fill.
With the spot healing brush  and content aware, rather than stopping
near a line or edge, it is best to go on across that line or edge to an
area that has little or no detail in it.  When it goes bad, I just back
up in the history panel and start over.  It doesn't always do it's thing
the same way.  In case you might wonder, I am a big fan of the
content-aware, both in the fill and the spot healing brush.  It has
taken a bit of learning to work well with it, though. LOL
For the openings in foliage when replacing sky backgrounds, I have found
that using channels to make a mask works quite well.  Russell Brown has
a tutorial where he does this when replacing the background behind hair,
but it works equally well with foliage.
Paul in Portland OR