Re: [OM] Flood damaged photos, was: More Conversions

Subject: Re: [OM] Flood damaged photos, was: More Conversions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:06:07 -0400
I've had fair luck getting them dried.  As I said before, after rinsing
them in cold running water I pat the emulsion side dry with paper towels
and let the print set (back side down) on a couple layers of paper
towel.  After they've been setting there for 10-15 minutes I blot the
front surface again (because more water has mysteriously appeared) and
lay the prints face down on a sheet of waxed paper.  I then place three
layers of paper towel on the back and build up a stack of print layers.
  Then I press the stack down with a couple of thin books and let it dry
overnight or longer.

What comes out afterward feels very slightly damp but soon air dries
(with a curl of course)

Chuck Norcutt