Re: [OM] More Conversions

Subject: Re: [OM] More Conversions
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:02:14 -0400
Nope, didn't do any shadow/highlight stuff. (I learned a good trick with s/h,
when you need a lot in a little bit of space and not much elsewhere. Do the
lot, mask, fill with black, and paint out where you need the lot. Does Aperture
let you do stuff like that?)

Not being an engineer here doesn't help, but I'm wondering if the loss of color
alters the tonal scale somewhat and makes some halos appear more robust in
black and white. Not sure if the vocabulary here is right, but even with all
the gradations of gray, color has a gracious plenty, and continuous tone images
seem to be more forgiving in color.

Will play more.

--Bob