Re: [OM] IMG: More Experiments with ETTR

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Experiments with ETTR
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 01:06:50 -0500
First, thanks for the exif info input.  It does work in PSE 6.0, which I
use.

I shoot simultaneous RAW/jpeg, and I open the jpeg images as a group in PSE
6, and click on them one by one, making notes of the file numbers that show
promise.  With your help, I can now get the exif data from those that I
choose to process.  I then open the keepers in ACR, do RAW processing and
pass them to the PSE editor.

I now understand  Chuck's comment that he would like to see a magnified
image of the right side of the histogram.  I can see how control of that end
of the histogram can prevent highlight clipping.  What does one do to reduce
the vertical peaks from being clipped?  I have not figured this out yet.
Perhaps it is not all that important.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA