Re: [OM] OT:Mustang overhead

Subject: Re: [OM] OT:Mustang overhead
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:59:50 +0100
You haven't seen a Lysander fly? Were you not at Shuttleworth last summer??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWWwsCI0lgk&feature=related - take-off for
Duxford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgrZTz6PiE8&feature=player_detailpage -
landing at Duxford

And here is a 25-year old clip from BBC2 Timewatch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqvgPIgMlQ&feature=related

Best I know the Lysander did have leading edge slats,(see at about 7:24 in
the BBC2 clip above) and was a Teddy Petter design - he went on to design
the Canberra and Folland Gnat, similarly "different" (if that concept is
permissible) aircraft. "Over there" you know the Canberra as the Martin
B-57.

I don't know about the insect, but German "Storch" is "Crane" - the bird,
which looks pretty ungainly in flight!

Piers