Re: [OM] OT:Mustang overhead

Subject: Re: [OM] OT:Mustang overhead
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:19:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The Storch was a WWII Luftwaffe interdiction aircraft, used for very short
field operations such as delivering or retrieving personnel from behind enemy
lines.

     I only know of a few aircraft that made use of leading edge slots, the
Globe Swift being one of them.  They increase lift at low airspeeds by creating
a laminar flow boundary over the top surface.  Some aircraft had slats that
would open up at high angles of attack, and on approach they would slap up and
down and make a lot of noise.

Chris