Re: [OM] (OM) OT Happy Apple

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Happy Apple
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:03:17 -0500
> Readdle is a pretty good organiser of pdfs and other format documents.

I consider Readdledocs to be about the best PDF reader ever. I
absolutely love it.

Another "Let's bash Apple" topic comes to mind, though.

the iPad does NOT support JPEG2000 images. On what planet is Apple on?
I can understand Flash content (although that is another sore topic),
but the JPEG2000 issue is one of those things that sneeks up on you
and bites you on the dark side.

The lack of a proper USB port is really the one thing that chaffes my
britches, That and the fact iTunes has to be about the most miserable
device management/interface software ever created.

People give Apple a pass on these issues. We continue to buy them by
the millions and that only enforces the fact that Apple made the right
decision. They've proven that they can give us a worthless piece of
junk, but if you make it shiny enough and pretty enough and easy
enough for SOME things, that we'll buy every one they build.

AG