Re: [OM] (OM) OT Happy Apple

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Happy Apple
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:55:47 -0700
I guess it is kind of like a zero tolerance rule in schools these days.
It does seem a bit ridiculous.  Most of the images that I looked at are
a bit beyond me.  I can do quite well if there is something there to
work with.  An artist with a paint brush I am not.  Some of them have 50
or 60 % virtually obliterated.  More like salvage part of the image, I
would think.  A patterned shirt with the collar and complete shoulder
and arm gone due to water stain and the other side hidden behind another
person would be extremely hard if not impossible for me.  I do have
somewhat of a collection of faces that I can use parts of for
replacement.  But that only goes so far.  One that I tackled, a while
back, was of around a hundred soldiers in WWI.  There were complete
faces missing.  But there were a lot of faces to use for parts. LOL  A
little gentle work with the liquify filter can make them look a lot
different.  Also, most of the uniforms were alike.  And in most of those
old photos, no one knows just what they looked like anyway. VBG
Paul in Portland OR