Re: [OM] (OT, kinda) Helping a nephew

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT, kinda) Helping a nephew
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:47:10 -0400
If only web images are required a small camera could be an advantage due to
increased depth of field.  However, manual focusing could be problematic as
well as difficulty with manual exposure.  But a super zoom as Willie has
suggested should be avoided.  There are lots of compromises in the IQ of the
superzoom that should be avoided. No hot shoe also means no place to mount a
level.  Some cameras might have horizon sensing electronics but that won't help
with forward/back tilt.  Stick with the DSLR which also offers the chance of
wider than 24mm if that's required at some time.  However, wider with a digital
can be done with pano software.  But a pano head would be required within the
close confines of a room interior.

Chuck Norcutt