Re: [OM] IMG: A Little Something

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Little Something
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:50:54 -0700
On 6/13/2011 10:16 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> That's very bold, Moose.

It does stand right up and demand attention!

> F16 seems to be the way to capture focus of almost all a subject like that.

Chuck keeps telling me that f16 is starting off the edge of diffraction
softening on FF. So here on a smaller sensor, it
'should' be a problem. But I've tried a few comparison shots at this sort of
close-up distance. On this camera with this
lens, f16 doesn't seem to lose any detail I can see, while I gain DOF.

The DOF you are seeing isn't the whole story, as it's a considerable crop. The
whole flower does start going OOF at the
margins toward the camera.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_June_2011&image=_MG_1917.jpg>

Moose