Re: [OM] (OT) Canyon Software

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Canyon Software
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:03:38 +1000
Did some quick research to confirm my suspicions.
Frigate - small escort vessel. Defensive.
Destroyer - fast hunter/killer
Cruiser larger to very large weapons platform.
Cruisers are now much smaller as they are missile based rather than large gun
platforms.
Then there are Corvettes - a sort of tiny destroyer.
My father served on the Scylla in WW2 - a cruiser refitted as an anti-aircraft
platform for the Murmansk convoys. It carried a lot of vertically oriented
armament.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx