Re: [OM] Cloudy rear element on the 65-200/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Cloudy rear element on the 65-200/4
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 16:57:17 +1000
It is possible to buy UV lamps - I have a couple I found in a second hand store
- I think they were designed for a General Electric sun lamp before we all stop
using such things. Like spotlight globes/bulbs - about 150W I think. I've given
lenses a bit of a burst during the dark months, just in case. Just be careful
to avoid much exposure yourself, especially eyes!
I also picked up about 10 IR globes of similar design - always thought about
doing some IR photography by artificial light but haven't got around to it.
Perhaps in the next few months as it gets colder - they'll put out some heat I
think.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx