Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody After the Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody After the Storm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:43:16 -0400
I never saw a histogram as you show for "Top is as it came off the web".
  If I did I would never have described it as having spikes and gaps.
The histogram that I saw looked (and still does look) similar to the
levels manipulation in the middle.  Perhaps Jim has been toying with the
image since it still looks similar to but not quite as bad as what I
recall seeing the first time.

Yes, the bottom is what I would call smooth but even the top isn't bad.
  I just never saw that histogram before.  Check the image now and
you'll see that the top histogram doesn't match the current image.  I
recall the original as having gaps in the bright bits.  Now there are
lots of short fat spikes in the bright bits.

Chuck Norcutt