Re: [OM] (OM) OT Wot is jazz?

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Wot is jazz?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:00:50 +1200
Well, obviously I was stirring the pot !!

But in fact the only jazz piece I can remember and name is Sydney Beche
(?spelling) and his "Take Five".  Any others that hit either of my ears have
gone clear through to the other side leaving no trace.

I might well follow up John Hudson's suggestion of Marc Hamelin's jazz CD;
I have two of his double CD sets of Haydn piano sonatas and they are
wonderful. He is a great pianist.

Andrew's record that there are 60 types of jazz is somewhat amazing to me
- beyond understanding. Sounds to me as though whoever decided that,
could be what is called in biological taxonomy, a "splitter" :-)

Brian Swale.