[OM] (OM) OT broadband - a history ..

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT broadband - a history ..
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:00:51 +1200
Just for the record, and not inviting comment ...

We did purchase a Telecom broadband (WiFi) package and the installation
resulted in the following for the 3 computers in the household that connect to
the internet  ....

Partner's son (his mother had just bought him a new laptop, so it had the
current crop of goodies including built-in WiFi ability)  who was already using

Slingshot broadband, reported that his download speeds had gone to a level
that rivalled dialup. He was not impressed.

My partner's Acer Ferrarri laptop which supposedly is Bluetooth and WiFi
capable could not connect even when practically sitting on the sender unit.

My desktop Acer when connected by cable "could" do broadband (no idea
what speed ), but in view of the other facts, what's the point !!

I think we might be going back to talk with Telecom :-). At least they are
more approachable than Slingshot.

Brian Swale.