Re: [OM] The thread that wouldn't die [was OT Wot is jazz?]

Subject: Re: [OM] The thread that wouldn't die [was OT Wot is jazz?]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 07:15:44 -0500
Moose,

If you could, would you expound on that a little bit? Your post was
just a wee bit brief.

;)

Since you mentioned Rap and Hip Hop, I gotta admit that we really like
Hip Hop. But we are selective to the Christian variety that doesn't
center on street language and hatred. As a musical format it's
actually quite complex. The lyrics, however, can represent a
lifestyle, culture and attitude which is very different than my own,
so we choose carefully.

The problem my wife and I have, and she's got a music degree, is that
we get bored with any one style. Also, we get quite short with songs
that go long by repeating the same thing over and over and over....
"Ear Candy" songs don't do much for us.

AG

--
Ken Norton