Re: [OM] off camera flash with the OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] off camera flash with the OM-4T
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:17:15 -0500
Nicholas,

One of the tricks I've used with the OM's which is simply unreal in
how simple it is:

Have the camera in Aperture Priority mode and adjust the aperture so
the exposure is reading 1/30 to 1/15. Then when I turn the dedicated
flash on, the camera forces the shutter speed to 1/60. This places the
ambient exposure one to two stops down. When the flash fires, the OTF
makes the subject the proper exposure and the background is neither
too dark, nor too light.

Translating all this to a more modern camera which is actually dumber,
is an adventure.

AG