Re: [OM] Off camera flash with the OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Off camera flash with the OM-4T
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:21:33 -0400
But if you're going to use an OM why not use an OM TTL flash unit?  T32s
are dirt cheap.  Probably cheaper than a good quality generic flash of
equal power.  In fact, you probably can't buy a "generic" flash of equal
power.  A Vivitar 285 has probably one stop less output than a T32 and
costs more.  On the other hand, a T32 has very little control in manual
mode.  But you don't really need it with OTF TTL.  Shooting manual flash
on the street will be rather restrictive.  In order to control the
exposure you'll have to frame with a zoom and shoot from the same
distance all the time.

Dr. Flash