Re: [OM] ordering form adorama - how do I see if its in stock?

Subject: Re: [OM] ordering form adorama - how do I see if its in stock?
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 08:26:37 +0200
I have bought from them while living in the Netherlands and Switzerland (have
not had a reason to shop with them online since coming to Spain). Their web
site states:

Shipping Destinations
Adorama ships throughout the U.S., Canada and to over 200 countries worldwide.
Please see the country listing on the checkout page.
(http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=FAQ, the click on Shipping)

Your experience with UPS may vary from mine, but I have had consistently bad
experiences with that company while living in Belgium, Switzerland, the
Netherlands and now Spain, and will not buy any high value items from outside
the EU if they are shipped that way. To give you an idea: in Spain they charge
around 50 Euro for clearing customs (regardless of the actual amount of duty
owed) whereas the post office charges around 10 Euro for the same service.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain