Re: [OM] Contax G

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G
From: Stephan Van den Zegel <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:05:31 +0200
amazing lenses indeed, I love the 21 and the 45... the autofocus of the G2 is a
very weird tool, I use it like an assisted focus.... you focus dead in the
centre and then you compose... like with any telemetric or stigmometric focus
help... but you need to keep the button half pressed (totally unnatural...) ...
it would have been perfect if they had made a real telemeter, or a system where
the focus once made stayed so.... (like in any manual focus device...)....
I dream of a two step autofocus, a button to focus, and a button to shoot...
I tried the adapter to put the contax G2 lenses on the pana/oly G2... It works
but the focal range is not as pleasant...

I want a super olympus pen2 (or panaG2H) with a very short flange distance and
a full frame sensor....

Stephan