Re: [OM] Contax G

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 19:27:09 -0400
See the description of Custom Function 4 on page 152 of the Canon 5D
manual.  If you set C.Fn-04 to "1" from its default of "0" the "*"
button on the back of the camera (near the tip of your thumb) will cause
the camera to focus.  Half pressing the shutter button then only locks
exposure if in an automatic mode.

After missing a few shots because you forgot to focus you'll get the
hang of it and likely never go back.  No reason why the view of the
focusing target should also be in control of exposure.  Try it.  You'll
like it and never go back.

Chuck Norcutt