Re: [OM] New camera

Subject: Re: [OM] New camera
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:59:08 +1000
I have short, stubby, little fingers and, while I liked the S95, I
actually found it a tad too small for me. I wish I could blame that on
my flinging it into the swamp, but that was just careless stupidity. I
think I'd always now look for that adjustment ring around the lens
though. I really like that idea. I could easily have gone to the S95
again. I was tempted by the XZ-1 because of that fast lens and a hope
that it had that something that the c5050z had (in image quality) that
I always liked. I'm not one to spend time analyzing differences, but
the results i got from the c5050z always seemed [struggles for a word]
natural(?). I was hoping I'd get that feeling back.

How this explains how I ended up with the E-P2, I don't know. I was
strongly attracted to the E-P1 when it came out. I've always liked the
Leica M8/9 of course, and that Fujifilm X100 looks special. I think
the E-P2 may just satisfy an aesthetic in my mind the way my favorite
film camera (Voigtlander R3A) did, and satisfy it in an affordable and
practical way (14-42kit was $898). A soft spot for Olympus surely
didn't hurt either.

However, I am always made aware when I take out the 5DMkII and look at
the results, there's a reason I bought it. I get caught resisting
taking the 100 Macro off it though, as it's hard to come back from
that sharpness.

Cheers,
Marc