Re: [OM] Has anyone figured out how to defeat the ink price monster?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has anyone figured out how to defeat the ink price monster?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:08:23 -0400
I had pop-ups blocked in Firefox but whitelisting Zone-10 didn't start
showing me pop-up windows.  However, if I scroll ALL THE WAY to the
bottom of the very long page and then wait a bit the rotating ads do
come around to an ink ad.  I suspect I've never scrolled all the way to
the bottom of a Zone-10 page.

But I may have to give up on my two cheap HP printers that both use five
564 series inks.  I haven't done a lot of printing with them but, given
their low price, I was always impressed with the color they produced...
until yesterday that is.  I printed a shot of a couple where the woman
is wearing a blouse which I can only describe as being a very saturated
mint color.  Even the Krappy Kolor laptop renders it fairly well but on
the print it comes out as two distinctly different colors depending on
whether the material is in light or shadow with no appreciable blending
between them.

Yecchh!  But I used it anyhow.  I asked my wife to inspect the photo and
tell me what was wrong with it.  After examining it for a while she said
she didn't see anything wrong.  Oh, well...

Chuck Norcutt