Re: [OM] Has anyone figured out how to defeat the ink price monster?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has anyone figured out how to defeat the ink price monster?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:49:46 -0500
Chuck, you aren't going to like my answer but here goes.

1. HP printers usually cost more for care and feeding than Canon and Epson.
2. You can order HP inks at a discount through one of my ink
advertisizers on zone-10
3. You can orer 3rd part inks at a MASSIVE discount through one of my
ink advertisers on zone-10.

In case you've forgotten the website:

www.zone-10.com

:)

On a serious note, I do the same as you and farm out almost all of my
printing to Millers. But I do have a Canon printer that drinks ink
like a sailor on shoreleave. So I buy bulk inks and refill my own
cartridges. Doing it this way saves me about 90% on ink costs. My
paper of choice remains the Ilfords with encapsulation technology. The
surface swells to absorb the ink and then when it dries it seals the
inks inside. No outgassing, and almost no UV fading inspite of my
really mean testing.

AG