Re: [OM] (OM) OT of nothing in particular

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT of nothing in particular
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:50:28 -0700
There are simple ways to share the broadband connection. A simple
router/switch and a couple new cables can connect two computers to the
broadband very quickly. Plug in power, plug three cables in and you are
running. The only potential problem is getting the cables to the two
computers if they are widely separated.

A wireless router can be almost as fast to set up. If the two computers are
widely separated with several walls between them, the distance the wireless
can reach might create some additional complexity/cost. The cost of wireless
network cards is getting down close to the cost of moderately long cables.

Post some info about the locations of the computers and you will probably
quickly receive a half dozen solutions.

Jeff Keller