Re: [OM] (OM) OT of nothing in particular

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT of nothing in particular
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:57:15 +0800 (UTC)
Hi Brian,

> I've wondered about all these little radio stations people have in their
> houses; I'm not at all enamoured of the idea.

You can have 'wired', my new house is, back to a gigaswitch :)
and I'm only 3 blocks from the local exchange with ADSL2+.
I'll let the tech heads think about that. I'd better leave out the
fact that I'm also using bonded ADSL2+..

> BroadBand is actually "on" the radar, as my partner is also cheesed off with
> the slow speed. When her son has his BB connected, my internet
> connection slumps from about 36Kbps to 19.6 or less. He's asleep now as I
> write and has left it connected, and my modem tells me that my speed is
> 21.6Kbps. Connect to something like Facebook and the actual drops to
> something like 540 bps. When using my landline telephone, it's *very*
noisy.

If your line is noisy, your phone needs a filter, you will also need to
use a filter with your analog modem as well.

I have a box of of good C10 filters here, I can post 2 of them to you
with a little connection diagram, no cost to you, in exchange for
those virus's you keep sending me ;o)

Why not just network off the existing installed broadband ?
email me offlist if you would like a more complete explanation,
and I'm sure I can find someone close to you to help, maybe..

Cheers
Ian Manners
If people think nature is their friend, then they sure don't need an enemy.  --
Kurt Vonnegut