Re: [OM] QR plate recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] QR plate recommendation
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:47:22 -0800
Look for the architectural version of the plate. I believe it had the same
part number followed by an N.

A quick look at B&H showed the architectural version for other models but
not the one you have. At one time I did have a few that looked like yours. I
don't know if they quit making them or B&H just doesn't have them listed.

Basically it is the same adapter plate but with an additional thin metal
piece having a lip which extends up. The thin metal plate can be slid around
so that the lip is up against the camera or lens tripod adapter but it locks
in place once the quick release is locked. IRRC they stopped the rotation
but I converted over to AS style quick releases years ago. I have found the
cost of AS style quick releases paid back in reliability and ease of use.

Jeff Keller