Re: [OM] Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the priceand is stuc

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the priceand is stuck on F8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:38:11 -0800
On 2/11/2011 2:43 AM, SwissPace wrote:
> . . . however the biggest casualty was my 35-80/2.8 which seems to be stuck
> on F8, I think the rear cap came off and maybe something got twisted as it
> bounced in my camera bag.
>
> Is it something maybe I could look at repair

Unless the 35-80 is greatly different from other OM lenses, there's a fairly
simply part of the mechanism directly under
the mount. The area isn't particularly well sealed, so dust, dirt, etc. could
get in. Also, a couple of parts are fairly
flimsy. I've fixed 2-3 sticky apertures simply by working there.

It could also be something deeper that requires pro repair, but it's worth
looking there first. Just remove the three
screws on the back of the mount.

Three Screws Loose Moose