Re: [OM] Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the priceand is stuc

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the priceand is stuck on F8
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:43:54 +0100
I haven't yet been brave enough to remove the rear mount yet, but after
more inspection I discovered that the aperture adjust ring has play
front to back and that if I slide it back towards the camera I can turn
the aperture ring and then when it "springs" forward again it locks the
ring again. I assume is not some new feature I have found but it seems
to be quite useful :-)  but more likely a bearing that has come out
although the good news is It seems that it hasn't affected the sharpness
of the lens as you can see in this image from this weekend.

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Portfolio/2011-Few-Fotos-For-Fun/15910940_2Y2hT#1194515466_BuWA5-L-LB>

Is it tricky to work out where the bearing should go?

Thanks

IanW