Re: [OM] [OT] How white are you?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] How white are you?
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:43:28 -0800 (PST)
Hi Charlie,

It was on one of the pages prior to taking the Cubick's test.  I logged through
a company link, so you cant really tell who is collecting this information, but
odds are, the test doesnt care about it.

I am also puzzled about the necessity to take the Cubick's test.  I researched
and my understanding is that it is not designed to compare two candidates for
employment...From what I hear, they are down to three candidates and taking
this test is the first step of the final selection.

It is gonna be interesting...

Best

Boris

From:   Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:30:46 -0500

Boris,
  Not sure I have the answer you're looking for since you seem to be
searching for a logical explanation of how this group categorizes "white"
people. I learned long ago that logic rarely has anything to do with racial
attitudes. Whoever devised the questionnaire you took seems to be confusing
racial identity with nationality. Was this some type of employment
application? If so I'm surprised. In this country no HR department worth its
pay would allow any question like this on an application, nor any related to
age, gender or marital status. How about supplying some more information.
  Besides, everyone knows the Irish should have come after "Other Whites".

Charlie (who despite his Germanic sir name is about 80% Irish ancestry,
Republic and Northern)