Re: [OM] [OT] How white are you?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] How white are you?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 02:11:45 -0800
On 2/14/2011 2:19 PM, Willie Wonka wrote:
> BTW, alienspecimen is just a poke at the gvmt, because prior to becoming a
> citizen I was considered an alien as opposed to being just plain furriner or
> more "sophisticated" foreign national.  Always found that hilarious.

And yet - they were correct. Alien is the correct legal description of what you
call a "furriner". The word and its
primary meanings far predate the idea of ETs, starting in the 14th century. In
the case you talk about, it simply meant
that you were a foreign national, not a US citizen.
-----------------------------------
alien/, noun/
Definition of /ALIEN/
1*:* a person of another family, race, or nation
2*:* a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a
subject or citizen of a foreign country;
/broadly/ *:* a foreign-born citizen
3*:* extraterrestrial
4*:* exotic

Related to /ALIEN/