Re: [OM] IMG: The Relic

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Relic
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:37:50 -0500
  I've had an interesting experience with digital television. I own a small
house in North Carolina, where I hope to retire, right on the edge of the
mountains at an elevation of about 1800 ft. When I purchased the place the
analog TV in the house could pick up two channels reasonably well with a
pair of "Rabbit Ears" antenna, one fairly clear station out of Spartanburg
and one with "snow" out of Asheville. When the switch to digital came about
I bought a converter box, hooked it to the antenna and got absolutely
nothing. I bought a roof top antenna (that looks like something you'd grill
hot dogs on) and installed it on the roof. Works like a charm! I get about
25 stations: two CBS affiliates, two NBC affiliates and a slew of ETV
channels from all over NC including Charlotte (which is about 75 miles from
me as the crow flies). The picture is amazing, better in fact than the cable
picture I get in Charleston.

Charlie