Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 5: snippets of Alicante life

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 5: snippets of Alicante life
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:55:53 +0100
Hi Nathan and all,

From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
><http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=486>

Alt-2: that hint of flare at the top is actually *helpful* here, because it
lightens the shadows.

Alt-6: funny... it's hard to get a sense of the porportions, at first
glance.

Alt-8: I'm now looking at it on a CRT at work, and it definitely improves
the shadow detail... otherwise, the cat and its surroundings looked too
dark, while the room was too light. The dynamic range was quite extreme and
the exposure was 'in the middle of nowhere' -- I'd prefer a longer exposure
for increased detail on the cat (which surely wouldn't allow a handheld
exposure) at the expense of blowing the window completely *or* expose for
the window... which would have rendered the cat almost invisible. I'm asking
too much...

Alt-9: Very beautiful! I like that strip of warm colours near the sun
reflection at the horizon.

Alt-15: LOL! I made a similar self-portrait with a John Lennon's statue --
Bessa L, CV 12mm F5.6 at arm's length... I hope to scan it soon!

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)