Re: [OM] Travel kit--suggestions, advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel kit--suggestions, advice
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:58:39 -0800 (PST)
Depends on how much your wife tolerates your hobby...From what I understand,
this is not a photo journey, you want to get around and see as much as
possible, fiddling with equipment will distract you from the all the fun.

I would leave film behind, but if really had the itch, I would go grand and
take the Mamiya.  I have so many pictures that wish were taken with large
format camera.  It does not look like you will be wallowing in trenches taking
pictures of pretty flowers and bugs where the OM has the advantage.  Of course,
you will need to get a wide angle lens for it...

I would also bring Pentax Optio W90 or similar as a primary camera and probably
leave the Pen at home.  Remember, you are on vacation and dont really need to
worry about getting all kinds of stuff on sensor/lenses.  BTW, the Pentax can
focus within 1cm in front of the lens.

Enjoy your trip.

Best

Boris