Re: [OM] IMG: 280 megapixels

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 280 megapixels
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:14:58 -0800
> From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
>
> I've never seen an inkjet print that I thought would equal a good wet print.

But let's face it, anyone with a $100 digicam and a $100 inkjet can push a
button and make a better print than a BAD wet print!

The problem with 280 megapixel images is finding someone who can afford the
optimal result.

I've got DVDs full of 4,200 spi scans of 4"x5" Velvia that will print 56"x70"
at 300 dpi without resampling, but in five long hard years of full-time effort,
I was unable to sell anything bigger than 24"x36".

History does not record anywhere, at any time, a religion that has any rational
basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to face the unknown
without help. But like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time
and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.
-- Lazarus Long