Re: [OM] Copper Country - Abandoned Copper Works, Pasties and Bridge rev

Subject: Re: [OM] Copper Country - Abandoned Copper Works, Pasties and Bridge revisited
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:16:10 -0600
Thank you, Moose.

The first one is already a bit cropped and I found it quite
interesting when I was playing with it how much the picture changed
with each adjustment. Mine was a compromise, but seemed to work pretty
well. The shadow adjustment showing more of the interior is more like
the original before I did my Velvia adjustment to it. I thought you
might do that and it confirms my initial thoughts about the shot.

The Pastie shop is boring, but is part of the narrative. As I shot
that in a freezing rain, there were no portable fluffy clouds to work
with. The B&W film got used for the good shots. I am pretty well
convinced that it is nearly impossible for me to compose artistically
with that Panasonic.

Number three was a challenge to shoot. I took your admonishment to
heart and tried to do something artistic and different. Not only is
the dim tiny viewfinder a miserable affair to work with after
dark--you have to chimp the test shots to see how crooked thecamera
is--but the shuttervibration is strong enough to mess with shorter
exposures. The 300/4.5 came through, though and that shot is pretty
much pixle sharp. Again, freezing rain andvery windy.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx