Re: [OM] Copper Country - Abandoned Copper Works, Pasties and Bridge rev

Subject: Re: [OM] Copper Country - Abandoned Copper Works, Pasties and Bridge revisited
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 07:50:00 -0500
Nice set of shots.  Given the price of copper the ore must be truly
depleted if there's no longer any mining activity there.

As to Langdon's Northland Pasties, even if it had been open and even if
I had noticed it in passing by, by the time I'd gotten to Kearsarge I'd
already had one pasty.  One was enough so I wouldn't have stopped.  :-)
Incidentally, I've been given to understand that pasties are a Welsh
miner's food.  I'm wondering if Welsh miners flocked to copper country
just as they did to coal mines in Illinois and Pennsylvania as did my
wife's ancestors.

In wondering what wording might have been covered over by the window in
your shot I discovered that it was "Landgon's" and found this shot,
apparently from 2004 or later.
<http://blog.rbellinger.com/2008/12/up-142-langdon-fresh-northland-pasties.html>

  It would appear that someone was doing some work on the building
between then and now since the window didn't exist back then.

Incidentally, that wasn't me speeding by and not stopping at Langdon's
for a pasty since the car I was driving in the UP is silver and not red.
  :-)

Chuck Norcutt