Re: [OM] Tahquamenon Falls - Frozen Motion

Subject: Re: [OM] Tahquamenon Falls - Frozen Motion
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 18:13:05 -0500
Moose, I appreciate your take on the photos. The one shot of the
smelter is a little dark, but that was my own interpretation of it
when I processed it. The falls picture did need a little lifting, but
my one observation is the processed shot takes on a bit of the HDR
look. Regardless, these were first passes that were done rather
quickly. The Mackinac Bridge shot, though, is probably pretty close to
print ready except for spot editing.

Today's pictures will definitely not satisfy your California look. It
was freezing rain today and rather not ideal photographic conditions.
We'll see what comes of it. I did taketoheart your comment about
artistic value and tried to see things a little differently instead of
just record keeping. I refuse to desaturate the digital image just to
game the system. B&W isn't the cure for a boring shot.

Definitely need new tires for the jeep. Almost got stuck a couple of times.

I used every camera and lens today.

AG

--
Ken Norton