[OM] Vivitar 90-180mm Aperture

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 90-180mm Aperture
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:29:56 -0500
Mike G has one. I'm sure he'll know, and let us know.

Moose

On 12/23/2010 12:27 PM, Bob wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has a Vivitar Series 1 90-180mm flat field
macro.
> I just received one today from an auction win. The lens does not seem
> have any aperture click stops.. Is this normal for this lens?

Yep, it is a cool lens.  Jeff had one much before me.  He knew I was
keeping an eye out but spotted one last June in OM mount at a camera
store.
He virtually handed it to me on a silver platter for a very very good
price. I think it is my favorite gear purchase the past couple years.
I hadn't seen one surface in many months in any mount but a few more
seemed to have surfaced on yabe the past year.

Yes, seems Jeff already answered the question--crisp indents should be
present.  Perhaps they'll pay for a repair?
I would be disappointed to be in a similar position

I was surprised how nice the bokeh is for a zoom.  It is optimized for
macro and makes for a nice larger butterfly lens.
I have another  image from it  I need to process that I think many will
like including Moose.

Purchased a 3rd party hood that did well and did not vignette, but the
original hood is very nice.
I was very very surprised when the yabe search turned one up.
I posted this before but anyway:

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Macro-2010/12031654_kFQEi#1023738262_Eagbr-XL-LB

Mike