Re: [OM] So here's the deal...

Subject: Re: [OM] So here's the deal...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:29:51 -0800
On 12/14/2010 4:46 PM, WayneS wrote:
> . . .
> I don't see any macros on your list? I thought every zuikoholic had at least
> a 50/2 or 90/2. How could you be on the list that long without one?

Hmph! I'm pretty sure I qualify for Zuikoholic status, considering the plethora
of Oly gear around here. But neither of
those lenses lives here. I don't see the point of the 50/2, as I want DOF when
shooting close up, so 50/3.5 is fine -
well, better than fine. I had a 90/2, which seriously underwhelmed me closer
than about 1:4. It now lives elsewhere.

I don't feel a shortage of MF macro gear:
50/3.5 MC x 2
80/4 Auto
135/4.5
65-116
Auto Bellows
  - and, in OM mount -
Tamron 90/2.5
Kiron 105/2.8

Neither I nor any of them are going out in that sort of cold. :-)

Moderate Climate Moose