Re: [OM] So here's the deal...

Subject: Re: [OM] So here's the deal...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:31:33 -0600
Wayne, your post made it through!

The OM-4T advances the film just fine with a winder or motor drive,
but the thumb advance slips. Probably caused by somebody trying to
eake out that one last frame on an expensive roll of slide film. No
biggy, though, as an MD2 is quick to the rescue and there are four
battery packs to work from.

The OM-3Ti, which I believe you might vaguely remember, is perfect for
this task. There is no way it's going to get left behind on this trip.
Cameras just don't get any better than that for cold weather shooting.

The 35-80/2.8 was the one lens I actually was considering leaving
home. But you do bring up a good point. That lens is so terrific, but
the one drawback is that I have no filters that fit it. I'll stew on
that one.

The Sekonic L-508, another familiar device, will definitely be going.
I'm a firm believer in the ambient dome when wintertime shooting.

Chuck, as I type this, Houghton is -17C which is a few degrees below
the stupid rating on our digital cameras.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx