Re: [OM] So here's the deal...

Subject: Re: [OM] So here's the deal...
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:46:01 -0500
I seem to be having trouble sending email to the list.... trying again
------WayneS

I've been off list for a while, but couldn't resist this challenge...

What's the deal with the OM-4t slipping? Is this something that can be fixed?
As I get older, sometimes my clutch slips a bit too, but I don't need a motor
drive just yet, although others may disagree.

I don't see any macros on your list? I thought every zuikoholic had at least a
50/2 or 90/2. How could you be on the list that long without one?

If you are out in the cold, I'd take everything with me on the trip, you know,
just in case, but most likely my minimal day trip would include:

- OM-3ti -- because it is cold and the clutch is not slipping. But I would
prefer an
- OM-4t --- that is working! and without the MD handicap, but that is just me,
as I hate extra battery dependencies and weight. I think the OM-4t works well
in the cold.
- 35-80/2.8
- 200/4
- 24/2.8 - with shade
- Medium Tripod
- Polarizers

for macro
- 50/2 or 90/2 if you had one! (What are you deliberately trying to make this
difficult? no macro?) preferably the 50/2 with a shade that doesn't reflect.
otherwise, some extension tubes, such as, 200/4 + 25.

I think two bodies is always a plus, but I'm concerned your OM-4t is
compromised. Two bodies allows having two film choices.

Unfortunately, I'm more oriented to shooting in the Warm Carribean, (at least
in the days I could afford such trips), where OM-4t, Tripod, a macro (90/2),
the 35-80/2.8, 24/2.4 with shade, and 200/4 (or 300/4) made a nice kit. And
85-90% of shots were with 35-80/2.8 on Provia 100F, (with lens shade). Sunsets
can vary a lot, from wide to telephoto, depends on the view.

You'll have to decide on the digital stuff.

Wayne Shumaker