Re: [OM] OM System Slide Copier

Subject: Re: [OM] OM System Slide Copier
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:58:31 -0500
Try dusting a slide with a Swiffer duster or even a pair of them.  Use
one (changed frequently) to pick up the majority of the dust and the
second to do a final sweep for the fine stuff.  Even with ICE or FARE it
pays to get the film clean.  They both work like the PS patch tool which
has to "invent" image data to fill in the spot where the dust and other
defects were.  Image quality will suffer if the patching has to fill big
holes or lots and lots of small ones.

Chuck Norcutt