[OM] OM System Slide Copier

Subject: [OM] OM System Slide Copier
From: <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:16:55 -0500
Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone on the List has any experience using the OM system
slide copier to digitize slides.  As a winter time project I hope to make proof
size files of my slide library for cataloging in Lightroom.  Since, for this
purpose, the image files don't need to be high resolution I'm thinking it might
speed up the process to use a slide copier rather than scan them in my Polaroid
SS4000.  I've read the owner's manual for the copier in the  OMSIF but I'm left
with a couple of points that I'd like clarified before I purchase the slide
copier.

I didn't see any mention of what method should be used to illuminate the slide.
 Any suggestions?  Also, the manual recommends the use of the 80mm, f4 macro
lens but says that the normal 50mm, f1.8 can be substituted.  Has anyone tried
the 50mm and were you satisfied with the results?  Any other suggestions and/or
comments?

Thanks in advance,
Johnny