Re: [OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:01:00 +1100 (EDT)
It's why I invested in the Cokin system :-)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 02:27:36 -0700 Moose wrote:
> On 10/28/2010 12:37 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> > Place palm of hand over the filter and turn - or place lens nose down on a
> > mouse
mat and turn. It works 90% of the time (tested exhaustively, records kept).

> Most filters, yes. But "A Hoya Circ-Pol filter got stuck on the end of my
> Zuiko 100/2
lens" This is a polarizer. The
> front turns independently of the part that screws in. Depending on the
> relationship of
friction under pressure between
> front and rear of the filter an that pressure generates in the threads, it.
> might work with
some. With others, not so much.

> Moose

Cheers
Ian Manners
croprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.