Re: [OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 02:27:36 -0700
On 10/28/2010 12:37 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Place palm of hand over the filter and turn - or place lens nose down on a
> mouse mat and turn. It works 90% of the time (tested exhaustively, records
> kept).

Most filters, yes. But "A Hoya Circ-Pol filter got stuck on the end of my Zuiko
100/2 lens" This is a polarizer. The
front turns independently of the part that screws in. Depending on the
relationship of friction under pressure between
front and rear of the filter an that pressure generates in the threads, it.
might work with some. With others, not so much.

Moose